Learning to run meetings
To reach the point of leading a meeting a peer goes through the following process:
- Completes as a client for client level one.
- Gets support from leader for training as apprentice.
- Starts to deliver parts of group in presence of leader.
- Completes Client level 2 cycle.
- Completes Peer Mutual Aid Training.
- Starts to deliver more of the group under supervision.
- Completes Basic Group skills training.
- Attends Leader Training.
- Completes Observed Live practice.
Licenses are only issued once a new leader starts running a
meeting. Usually s/he will take over an existing meeting and the
previous leader moves up a level. It is an apprentice based system.